Skip to main content

How have i spent my covid days?

Let me start of by introducing myself, I am Allen Pereira, an Automobile engineer by profession and have been in the car business for the last 20 years, I manage a automotive workshop, where we repair cars, maintain them and do vehicle detailing and paint jobs. 

The business has been going well, but over the last 3-4 years the Indian economy has been experiencing a slow down or a melt down as many would say, but the people running the state of affairs of the country will never admit this, however, just before the covid crisis erupted, the Indian auto industry was already experiencing a terrible time, the sale of new cars had dropped, new rules and regulations were being implemented, which were making new cars more expensive and unaffordable, and all this was causing losses which made companies downsize by doing jobcuts, reducing salaries and productive hours. This had a ripple effect on the entire automotive industry.

But then came the lock down due to covid and brought everything to a complete halt. 

This made everyone think,
What if people start loosing jobs and don't have money to pay for the repairs, what if we stop getting supply of parts, how are we going to make a decent living without having enough work.

And then a thought hit me and it said, let's just take one day at a time!

So now, how was I going to take one day at a time?. I decided I would do work outs to reduce the extra pounds I had gained over the years. And downloaded a few videos and tried to follow their work outs.

These are some of the videos I did follow:

I tried to follow it, but it isn't as easy as it appears. I do give it my best shot every now and then.

After a few days I wanted to learn something new, so I decided to make finger bands, but it was lock down and required tools were not available. But where there is a will there is a way. Again I learnt things from you tube, I learnt to make finger bands of metal and wood, and they turned out pretty nice too. I also made wooden cases for them that meant I did a little carpentry work as well.



But just these things were not enough to keep my mind occupied, so I tried gardening and watering plants, tried improving and making the process of watering a bit easier, by digging trenches and passages for the water to flow to the root of the plant. 

I was doing all these things to keep my mind busy so that I wouldn't allow anxiety to creep inside of me, but I wasn't the only one worried to know what the future would be like. I found that out when a friend of mine called me up, and asked me to assist her in doing some research, at that time she was planning on starting a farm, growing some exotic fruits, so I helped her in researching it.

Currently I am learning the art of blogging. I don't know how good I am at it, but I do see myself improving, and who knows? I may just end up being the next big thing in the blogging world!

I hope this small story about me just helps all you people who are anxious due to this covid crisis, to take up some new hobby, and keep your minds busy.... Cause believe me, without anything to do, things can get very depressive and stressful.

So stay safe and stay busy....and do keep the faith in God, that someday he will make things normal again.

Till my next blog,

See ya!



Comments